During the early hours of Wednesday morning, a bridge collapse onto the N3 highway which resulted in a full road closure between Van Buuren Road and the M2 Geldenhuis Interchange.
Three people were injured and severely trapped in a truck that collided into the bridge. According to Johannesburg Metro Police Department (JMPD) chief, Supt Wayne Minnaar, the three patients were airlifted to hospital.
Occupants from a Mercedes Benz motor vehicle were very fortunate to escape un-injured.
Motorists are advised to make use of alternative routes. News, Accidents, Robberies & Incidents will post all the latest updates to this page.
See alternative route directions below.
- From the Linksfield Caltex, turn left onto Civin Road
- Turn left onto Van Der Linde Road and drive southeast
- Turn right onto Van Buuren Road
- Turn left onto Cleveland Road
- Turn left onto Francois Oberholzer ramp.
- Keep left onto the M2 and drive west
- Turn right onto Cleveland Road and drive northeast
- Turn right onto Jules street
- Turn left onto Geldenhuis Road and drive northeast
- Turn left onto Van Der Linde Road and drive north
- Turn right onto Boeing Road West and drive northeast
- Get onto Civin Drive and then turn right onto Club street