The Police have received information about a possible business robbery being planned by a group of criminals in the Burgersfort area last night and reacted swiftly.
A special operation was immediately established composed of the Provincial Tracking Team, Polokwane TRT and the Provincial Detectives and subsequently two vehicles were observed and stopped while enroute to the said targeted businesses in Burgersfort.
The two cars being a Toyota corolla and a Toyota tazz with 7 suspects inside were searched and the following items were recovered :
– 14 signal jamming devices.
– Two 9 mm pistols with two magazines and 16 live rounds of ammunitions.
– 2 angle grinders.
– One compressor.
– One Jack hammer.
– 18 grinder cutting discs.
– Two electric extention cords.
– One heavy duty tool.
– Five balaclavas.
– Five pairs of handgloves.
– One dusk musk.
– Two angle grinders.
– Two cars; Toyota corolla and Toyota tazz and both their engine numbers were tampered with.
Seven suspects aged between 24 and 53 years old were arrested and they are facing the following crimes :
– Conspiracy to commit bussiness robberry and housebreaking and theft at business premises.
– Possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition.
– Possession of housebreaking equipments.
– Possession of jamming signal devices.
– Possession of suspected stolen motor vehicles.
The suspects are still being profiled to determine if they are wanted criminals for other crimes in other areas and they will appear before Burgersfort Magistrate’s Court tomorrow, 16 January 2017.
Police investigations are still continuing.
The Provincial Commissioner Lieutenant General Nneke Ledwaba commended the members for a sterling proactive Police work. He thanked community members for assisting the Police in foiling these crimes and urged them to continue doing so in order to rid this Province of any form of criminality.