CYCLIST SUFFERS HORRIFIC BURNS AFTER SMARTPHONE EXPLODES IN HIS POCKET

According to reports an estimated 100 smartphones (out of the millions that exist) have exploded in this manner.

10448

“I suddenly saw this incredible plume of smoke,” he said.

“And there was a searing pain that went along with it – as though someone had pushed a huge block of ice against my leg.”

The “block of ice” was his iPhone, which had exploded in his pocket.

His fingers were burnt when he tried to remove phone from the skin on his thigh and he ended up having to use his fist to force the phone off of his skin.

Could your phone explode?

Gareth’s iPhone is not the first to explode. In 2014 a grade 8 learner of Maine in the US suffered burn wounds when her iPhone 5C exploded in her back pocket.

Two incidents were also reported in the Czech Republic where two iPhone 3G’s batteries blew up like balloons, but fortunately did not explode.

But it doesn’t only happen to iPhone products.

According to reports an estimated 100 smartphones (out of the millions that exist) have exploded in this manner.

Any smart phone which uses a lithium battery, runs the risk of exploding. Three of the main reasons why it happens is as a result of:
1. Over-heating
2. Overloading (excessive use?)
3. Large amount of pressure placed on the phone

It is suggested that you only use the charger which you received with your phone. Don’t take short cuts and buy one on any street corner.

If you are one of those who lets their phone charge simply because you don’t feel like unplugging it – be careful. Unplug your phone the moment it’s fully charged.

Read full story: http://www.you.co.za/news/cyclist-suffers-horrific-burns-after-his-smartphone-explodes-in-his-pocket/

Loading...