SLINDOKUHLE Shabalala (12), from Snathing in Pietermaritzburg, KZN Midlands has shown no signs of improvement since he was admitted to Edendale Hospital two weeks ago.
His mum, Thandeka Shabalala (42), said her son has burn wounds all over his body.
This happened after he allegedly took medication prescribed to him for epileptic fits by a local doctor at the beginning of last month.
Thandeka said she suspects the medication has side effects that caused an allergic reaction.
When reporters contacted the doctor, he said: “Please allow me not to say anything.”
Then he hung up.
She said her son’s condition worsens every day.
“He is now unable to speak and his vision has also been affected.”