Ford SA CEO Jeff Nemeth told Radio 702 on Wednesday morning that the process was going smoothly and there were only a few isolated cases of dealerships that were inundated and unable to resolve customer complaints.
Ford announced the recall on Monday‚ and waived the usual R1500 deposit on courtesy cars‚ and has so far dispensed 1200 courtesy cars.
A total of 4500 vehicles are expected to be taken in.
Nemeth reiterated the claim that the incident which claimed the life of Reshall Jimmy in 2015 was unrelated to an engine fire. He said the class action lawsuit against Ford announced by Jimmy’s family has not yet been filed‚ and Ford would respond accordingly when it is.