ROTTWEILER MAULS OWNER TO DEATH AND EATS PART OF HIS BODY [VIDEO]

34593

A rottweiler mauled his owner to death and ate part of his body, as police and locals tried to capture the animal.

Mani Ram, 52, was about to start work and was untying the guard dog, named Tiger, when it suddenly turned on him.

Witnesses claim the dog latched onto its owner’s throat and choked him to death in Panipat, India.

The dog went on to maul Mani’s face and eat part of his hands and chest for more than an hour.

Sadar Station House Officer ASP Chander Mohan told the Times of India that it took police more than three hours to catch the canine.

Mohan said: “This was the rare incident and generally cops don’t have equipment to deal with such a situation. We did not want to kill the dog either so we had make extra efforts to get the body. Secondly, the victim’s family wanted to see the dead body, hence we did not shift till their arrival.

“We are in the process of getting the beast medically examined about its general condition. So far as the victim’s body is concerned, initially we had sent it to Panipat Civil Hospital.

“However, they had no expertise in conducting autopsy of a victim of an animal attack, we shifted the body to PGIMS Rohtak. We will decide what action to take after we receive the both reports.”

Mani was reportedly in the process of trying to sell Tiger after he attacked three other workers in the past.

Mani’s death was similar to a 41-year-old from North London, who was killed after being attacked by his Staffordshire bull terrier.

Scotland Yard said that the dog injured its owner at an address in Norman Close in Wood Green on March 20 and the man was rushed to hospital. Sadly, he was pronounced dead early the following day.

The owner was mauled while a BBC TV crew were preparing to interview him for a documentary.

A spokesperson for the broadcaster said: “A crew making a BBC documentary were present – but not filming – at the time of the incident and called an ambulance. Given the ongoing inquiries, it would not be appropriate to comment further.”

A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a ‘hypovolemic shock and damage to the airway consistent with a dog bite’.

Neighbours told The Sun that the dog had been an issue in the past.