SHOCKING PHOTOS SHOW WHY YOU SHOULD STOP LEAVING YOUR CELLPHONE UNDER YOUR PILLOW

The New York Police Department (NYPD) recently shared images that highlight the dangers of leaving your phone under your pillow while charging or sleeping.

8369

The New York Police Department (NYPD) recently shared images that highlight the dangers of leaving your phone under your pillow while charging or sleeping.

Aramboles tweeted the photos as a “tip” and not because of a specific incident in New York. The photos are from various past incidents of phones overheating and catching fire around the world.

“It is recommended that you leave these types of devices on a hard surface so the heat can dissipate. The batteries heat up, they could melt—in some cases, explode—and cause a fire”.

While keeping a hot phone away from flammable materials might seem like a no-brainer, some people choose to sleep with their phones nearby and rely vibrating alarms.

In November, Dwayne Blanchard posted a picture to Facebook after his son left a Bluetooth speaker charging on top of a pillow, setting fire to the bed.

SOURCE: http://fox59.com/2016/02/17/viral-photos-a-reminder-to-never-sleep-with-your-phone/

In 2014, a 13-year-old’s Samsung Galaxy S4 was “unrecognizable” after the battery swelled, started a fire and melted the phone.

Another Samsung Galaxy S4 caused a 25-year-old trouble the same year. She left hers charging on the floor overnight, and the phone caught fire and burned the rug it was laying on, as well.

 

Loading...